The MSc Engineering Management course has been specifically designed to allow you to update, extend and deepen your understanding of engineering and management.
You will build on your current knowledge of subjects such as solid modelling and prototyping, computer aided design and engineering data analysis, whilst developing management and entrepreneurial skills that will enhance your career opportunities within engineering and the broader business environment.
With the increasing complexity of the engineering sector there is a requirement for engineering managers to be specialised not just in engineering, but also in wider business and management. This course has been specifically designed to meet the demands of today’s employers and provide a solid foundation for you to progress to management level.
Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council as the course meets the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
- Research Methods (Core,20 Credits)
- Project, Programme and Portfolio Management (Core,20 Credits)
- Project change, risk and opportunities management (Core,20 Credits)
- Sustainable Development for Engineering Practitioners (Core,20 Credits)
- Engineering Management Data Analysis (Core,20 Credits)
- Technology Entrepreneurship & Product Development (Core,20 Credits)
- Academic Language Skills for Mechanical and Construction Engineering (Core – for International and EU students only,0 Credits)
- Research Project (Core,60 Credits)
This course has been specifically designed to allow you to update, extend and deepen your knowledge to further enhance your career opportunities in both industry and entrepreneurship.
The MSc Engineering Management course will equip you with skills, tools, techniques and methods that are applicable to engineering companies and many other businesses in the UK and abroad.
On completion of this course you will possess a deep understanding of engineering data analysis, research and project management, programme and portfolio management, project risk management and technology entrepreneurship.
Industry practice and subject benchmarking have strongly influenced the design of this course to ensure you will leave equipped with the skills that are required by today’s employers.