With the dramatic increase in high-profile cyber security incidents reported in the media, the demand for highly skilled security professionals is growing significantly as businesses across the globe seek to protect their networks and data. Our MSc Cyber Security provides you with a critical understanding of information governance and assurance, combined with technology risk management practices.
In addition to developing the key skills for handling security incidents, you will learn how to identify new and existing threats and the methods by which to reduce them.
- Develop key skills which are highly in demand by employers
- Enhance your ability to handle and minimise security threats and incidents
- Understand information governance and assurance
- Northumbria University is recognised as a Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research (ACEs-CSR) by the National Cyber Security Centre
- Also available as MSc Cyber Security with Advanced Practice
- Also available as a part-time programme
- Upon completion of your programme, you will be eligible for the QA Professional Pathways programmes which will enable you to further develop your skills with one of the UK’s largest providers of IT and project management training
All modules on this course are core.
- Information Governance and Security (20 credits)
- Network Security (20 credits)
- Wireless Networks and Security (20 credits)
- Information Assurance and Risk Management (20 credits)
- Ethical Hacking for Cyber Security (20 credits)
- Research Methods and Project Management (20 credits)
- MSc Computer Science and Digital Technologies Project (60 credits)
Careers and further study
For those with high career aspirations, this programme can give you an extra edge in today’s competitive job market. Graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers in the IT industry or to progress to academic or research orientated careers. Job roles, including roles in leadership and management, could include working in, for example, software engineering, network design and management, network security, artificial intelligence or IT consultancy.