Located in the Department of Marketing, Branding and Tourism, you will have a unique opportunity to study all three subject areas together and apply this in the context of contemporary tourism management. The study of place branding is at the core of the Departments’ work, with several academics who are leading researchers in this field.
Core modules will help you develop your management knowledge and skills while strengthening your critical awareness of the current socio-economic, marketing and political challenges that will affect your profession. Optional modules provide more specific knowledge and skills alongside deeper insights into management issues facing tourism in specialised contexts. Students will have the opportunity to select four optional modules.
- International Tourism in the 21st Century (30 credits) – Compulsory
- International Tourism Business (30 credits) – Compulsory
- Research Methods and Dissertation (60 credits) – Compulsory
- Event Management (15 credits) – Optional
- Digital Marketing (15 credits) – Optional
- Visitor Attractions and Management (15 credits) – Optional
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism (15 credits) – Optional
- Destination Management (15 credits) – optional
- City, Region and Nation Branding (15 credits) – optional
- Tourism and Development (15 credits) – Optional
- Open Module (15 credits) – Optional